1. Always switch ‘OFF’ and unplug the Dyson DC23 Vacuum before carrying out any maintenance.
2. Carefully lift the machine and place it on its side.
3. Undo the fastener alongside the wheel.
4. Open the filter cover and remove the filter.
5. Wash the filter in cold water only. Please do not use detergent, do not wash in a dishwasher or washing machine.
6. Repeat until the water runs clear.
7. Leave the filter to dry in a warm place for at least 24 hours, until completely dry.
8. Do not dry the filter in a tumble dryer, microwave, oven, or near a naked flame.
9. Refit the filter into the machine and tighten the fastener.